Featured Post

Wacky Wizard Games Imprint and Three New Games Announced by @wwizardgames

Image
Wise Wizard Games announced the launch of Wacky Wizard Games, a new brand imprint focused on family-friendly, lightweight games. Three games are planned for release in 2024 as part of this new brand imprint: Star Realms Academy, Caution Signs, and Pack the Essentials. If you are interested and attending PAX Unplugged they will have prototypes of Caution Signs and Pack the Essentials. "We are super excited to be adding this new family friendly product line to our catalog. We wanted to maintain the focus of Wise Wizard Games on strategy card and dice games with geeky themes, and have created Wacky Wizard Games as an umbrella for lightweight games with a more whimsical, cute vibe," shared Debbie Moynihan, COO of Wise Wizard Games. Star Realms Academy Forge your own star realms, overloaded with cuteness! A kid friendly but still fun for grown-ups version of the popular Star Realms deckbuilding game for 2 players. A little less math, no reading necessary, but still tons of fun! 

Guest Review: @Marvel Cable and X-Force #3

Cable and X-Force #3 Cover

Fast Food


Where has Colossus been to post-AVX and what is wrong with his powers?

Why are Cable and his team attacking a civilian company?

These mysteries and more are revealed!

Preview




Review


X-Force Original Review by tdk_1997 at Comic Vine


We have the third issue of the series and things are finally moving a little bit faster than before. The story has been interesting and this issue was quite entertaining. We see how the team plans what to do and it is really impressive because the team has such good planners. Cable shows how smart he is by thinking how will every scenario end and he chooses the best one for his team.

The artwork of Salvador Larroca is finally starting to grow on me. I have never liked his style that much but in this book it kinda fits the story and how things are going on and I like what he does. His take on the characters is really impressive and my favorite one is his take on Colossus.In this issue he made a really awesome page where he describes how does Forge see the world and it was pretty mechanical and genius. And also the end page was really nice.

The story is entertaining and I really dig a book of Cable again. He looks like the perfect leader for this kind of a team and he looks awesome so far.His return is pretty good and everything is fine except that robotic arm.I don't know why did the creative team choose such a lame design for his new hand.It looks bigger than him and looks so lame. It doesn't fit his character at all.

Hope is a character that should be in this book because she is connected with Cable and she is part of who he is but she is a pretty annoying character for me to handle.Since her creation she has been one of my least favorite X-characters.She just seems to have too much confidence and at times she doesn't know what to do.She always has one explanation - Cable taught her everything and she continues to say that every time when she wants part of the action.Writers should make her say something else.

This book has been building up since the first issue and it is still building up for something.We still have building-up for the team as a whole and it looks like the pace is really slow.In this issue we finally get more than before development and it is still not enough.I have no idea what we should expect and what we are waiting for but it takes too much time than it should.

The books is nice. It entertains me and it has a lot of potential. It has some cool characters in it and I can't wait to see what is going to happen next with the team.There will be something big and I want it.

Score 3.5/5


What I Thought


See the Review Rating Overview page for more information on how I rate each comic 

Cover & Solicit - 4/5
Art, Colors & Inking - 5/5
Layout & Flow - 4/5
Story - 4/5
Verdict - 4.3


I'm still waiting for my Colossus issue because since the first issue we see him and Cable going at it, but so far we still don't know why. I thought this was going to be it, mainly because of the cover and solicits, but lets just say I'm still waiting.  Otherwise I'm really enjoying this series. As I mentioned with Cable and X-Force #1, this team is like a dream team for me as I love every single character. The art in this issue was just as outstanding as the prior two. My only gripe is I really don't' know where this series is headed now. We start with what I thought was going to be a covert underground renegade team, but in this issue we get X-Force taking out a fast food company. While the issue does a good job of explaining why, it still left me wanting more. There was also a sequence of events toward the end that jumped around a bit, and felt a little rushed. I'm still looking forward to the next issue, and to see what changes the Phoenix Force causes on Colossus.

Purchase Cable and X-Force #3
Purchase Cable and X-Force #3 (Variant)

Purchase Cable and X-Force #3

tdk_1977 is a comic book reviewer at Comic Vine. The use of this review has been authorized by the original author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wacky Wizard Games Imprint and Three New Games Announced by @wwizardgames

Dog Park New Tricks by Birdwood Games Coming Soon to Kickstarter