Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Spider-Man Crawspace Reviews @Marvel Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #8


Here is today's Guest Review from the guys at Spider-Man Crawlspace for Marvel's Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #8. I have also added my rating after each review. If you have any questions about my rating or want to discuss anything just leave me a comment.


See the Review Rating Overview page for more information on how I rate each comic.


Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #8 - Failure To Reform!


After the events of the Superior Six, the Superior Spider-Man faces off with an even deadlier foe: SELF-DOUBT.

Has the Superior Spider-Man been humbled? How can he come back from this?

With the help of a guest-star even more arrogant than Spider-Man... THE SUB-MARINER!

Preview



The Sub-Mariner

This was okay. I mean Namor isn't a favorite of mine but it was interesting to see Ock deal with the same doubts that Peter often did.

I have no idea where this war is taking place since I don’t think Namor or Panther have a solo book now (plus aren’t they teammates in New Avengers?), but I don’t care either. Although I will call it now that clearly Dr. Doom is the one manipulating the war since he has a lot of history with Namor and I’m fairly sure there was some limited series a few years ago where Latveria went to war with Wakanda; plus Ock said he had never seen technology this advanced when he deactivated the robots which is a dead-ringer for Doom.

My biggest quibble with this book is the cover has nothing to do with the story. It’s a nice cover too. But if someone bought this book because they wanted to see Spidey and Namor fight a red kraken they’d be sorely disappointed. I know in this day and age most covers are just generic pin-ups of the hero, but this goes a step further in that the cover is kind of misleading. Just my 2-cents and something that would have annoyed me if I had impulse bought this book based on the cover; which is not a totally unprecedented shopping decision.

Read the rest of the Review at Spider-Man Crawlspace

Images Unplugged Rating


Cover & Solicit - 3
Art, Colors & Inking - 4
Layout & Flow - 5
Story - 5
Verdict - 4.4 (9/10) - 
(Buy Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #8) SAVE 10%

Purchase Marvel Comics

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...