Featured Post

Wacky Wizard Games Imprint and Three New Games Announced by @wwizardgames

Image
Wise Wizard Games announced the launch of Wacky Wizard Games, a new brand imprint focused on family-friendly, lightweight games. Three games are planned for release in 2024 as part of this new brand imprint: Star Realms Academy, Caution Signs, and Pack the Essentials. If you are interested and attending PAX Unplugged they will have prototypes of Caution Signs and Pack the Essentials. "We are super excited to be adding this new family friendly product line to our catalog. We wanted to maintain the focus of Wise Wizard Games on strategy card and dice games with geeky themes, and have created Wacky Wizard Games as an umbrella for lightweight games with a more whimsical, cute vibe," shared Debbie Moynihan, COO of Wise Wizard Games. Star Realms Academy Forge your own star realms, overloaded with cuteness! A kid friendly but still fun for grown-ups version of the popular Star Realms deckbuilding game for 2 players. A little less math, no reading necessary, but still tons of fun! 

Featured Guest Review @Marvel Captain America #13


Here is today's Featured Guest Review by TheAcidSkull from Comic Vine for Marvel's Captain America #13. I have also added my rating after each review. If you have any questions about my rating or want to discuss anything just leave me a comment.


See the Review Rating Overview page for more information on how I rate each comic.


Captain America #13 - Loose Nuke Part 3


LOOSE NUKE PART 3

The main event! Captain America vs Nuke with the lives of thousand, and a nation’s future, on the line.

The Iron Nail rises again! The first appearance of Captain America’s newest arch-nemesis is not to be missed!

Preview



Yeah Yeah, I Get It, "Our Boys!"


I've been in a verge to drop this series for some time now because frankly I'm not liking much of what is going on here, and while I did rate the previous issue highly, it still doesn't change what had been done for the previous 11 installments, but I can say that this issue managed to at least pull me back in, least for a little while. Nuke interests me, and as someone who has never read up on him he seems like a good villain to captain america.

The Iron nail seems like a cool villain to me, a former shield agent turned rogue seems like a good concept to explore, plus he seems like a good physical threat, which can be very cool for a final battle. I wish rick would stick to creating characters instead of killing off known heroes and the bringing them back as "grittier" malevolent versions of themselves. The story so far seems solid but it feels overstretched since this is the third issue with nuke running around killing people, and when cap finally does show up, we don't get a decent battle, just another teaser and a build up. Still, the squabble is fairly decent and I did enjoy the mystery Remender has crafted around the issue, we still don't know what Iron Nails full plans are, so that should keep the reader guessing for a while. Moreover, I've noticed that nuke does seem to come off as a major powerhouse as well, and it's interesting that he's not showing any hostility towards cap, in fact I found it odd that he was being polite, which frankly shows that he's a good soldier, only very, very misguided. The characterization is fairly good actually, Captain america(despite my problems with him taking a leap backwards in character development, which I will explain later) seemed to act like himself, which is great because the reader viewed to contrasting characters, that being Steve and Nuke obviously. Falcons role is explained fairly well, and I'm very interested in Jet Black because she brings new possibilities to the table, which I hope do not get wasted. As a character whom we probably see anymore, I was happy to see Nick Fury again, the scenes with him were actually pretty entertaining, hope we see more of him, though with marvel being prone to copy the movies, I doubt he'll appear anymore.

Now as I mentioned there are some problems with the book, mainly the fact that I personally didn't believe that Steve is someone who'd keep a shrine to his past ( At least, I don't recall him having one, so I could be wrong here, anyways, that's not the point), the reason for this is because I feel Steve would always honor his past because it helped shape the person who he is today without needing any type of reminders. Furthermore, I don't like the captain america is still engulfed in his depression at the loss of agent carter. While I understand why he's sad, my dislike is aimed at the fact that Remender decided to make this decision in the first place. I think I've mentioned this in my previous review too, I say this again because it's really bothering me considering that the main atmosphere revolves around this fact.

The art however, was beautiful. There might have been a few problems withe the characters faces but overall, the colors,action, and designs were brilliant. Especially the final panel.

While this issue has some obvious problems, I'd say that this issue gives me hope that this series will improve eventually. However, knowing Remenders style, I can make a few unwanted predictions for the future, and still I'm really hoping that I'm essentially wrong.

Recommendation: Yes, I guess.

Verdict - 3 (6/10)


Images Unplugged Rating


Cover & Solicit - 4
Art, Colors & Inking - 3
Layout & Flow - 4
Story - 4
Verdict - 3.7 (7.5/10) - 
(Buy Captain America) SAVE 10%

Purchase Marvel Comics
TheAcidSkull is a comic book reviewer at Comic Vine. The use of this review has been authorized by the original author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wacky Wizard Games Imprint and Three New Games Announced by @wwizardgames

Dog Park New Tricks by Birdwood Games Coming Soon to Kickstarter

District Noir by Pandasaurus Games Coming Soon