With the San Diego Comic Con in full swing there were several Q&A Panels yesterday. The folks over at Comic Vine have done a great job capturing the highlights of these panels. Here's a brief rundown of Marvel's Infinity, and DC's Batman Year Zero, and WB/CW's Arrow Season 2 (including trailer).
DC: Batman: Zero Year Panel
Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo discuss their latest story surrounding The Dark Knight!
- Snyder says Year One is a masterpiece and one of his favorite pieces of literature. He says Year One exists as the perfect masterpiece and they didn't want to touch it. He wanted to deliver something new and personal instead. "Here's the origin the best way we can tell it."
- The Red Hood gang represents the fears New York faces today instead of the ones they faced during Year One's era.
- Scott says he wants to address why Batman loves Gotham despite his parents dying there. He says he (Batman) loves it because he can go there and be anybody he wants to be, he goes there to become the hero he wanted to be. "Gotham tests you like no other city. He loves it because it's the greatest antagonist in the world."
- Says Batman's mastery of so many things inspires others to reach their goals, he's a symbol of inspiration.
Marvel: Infinity Panel
The 6-issue cosmic event INFINITY doesn't come out until August, Marvel discusses what it means for the Marvel Universe.
- "It is the biggest story we've done -- it spans Galaxies."
- "Some of the craziest stuff we've ever done in comics."
- Charles Soule says beginning with THUNDERBOLTS #14, they're going on training missions to learn to work together. Punisher's first mission brings him to New York and "it all goes crazy, really, really fast."
- Zeb Wells says writing NOVA is a lot of fun because it's a character still learning how to be a superhero. Says this is the part of the arc where Nova has to stop being a kid and deal with the responsibilities of having that helmet.
- Regarding SECRET AVENGERS, Nick Spencer says it's "only going to get bigger from here." By the end of issue #6, we'll see the team in a very different place.
CW: Arrow Panel
The cast and crew talk about what to expect in Season 2 of the hit CW show. New characters, returning favorites and a new focus for Oliver.
- Filled with even more action, twists and turns than the first season."
- They showed two quick video clips of Summer Glau talking with Ollie. In another scene, Ollie says to Diggle he didn't come back to the city to be a vigilante. Shows even more past footage of training with Slade.
- "I don't want to be called The Hood anymore." Diggle asks what he wants to be called and Ollie looks at an arrow he's holding.
- The video concludes with a quick look of the new Black Canary beating up a few thugs at night with a staff, and then looking at the camera (mask to cover eyes, blonde hair, tight costume) before running away.
- Oliver will take more interest in his family's company. His mother will take a bigger role and it'll be a story of her seeking redemption.
- Season two kicks off five months after season one's finale.