With the San Diego Comic Con in full swing there were several Q&A Panels yesterday. The folks over at Comic Vine have done a great job capturing the highlights of the panels. Here's a brief rundown of IDW's TMNT, Marvel's Ultimate Universe, DC's New 52, WB Games Batman: Arkham Origins, and more.
IDW: TMNT PanelA panel all about IDW's work with the Ninja Turtles and what they have in store for our favorite green heroes in a half-shell.
- Expect Karai to play a bigger role in the conflict as Leo grows closer to Shredder.
- The team says they want to keep introducing elements from everything we've seen in other incarnations of the Turtles (cartoons, movies, each comic series).
- Hun will debut in issue #25.
- We got a first look at mutated Bebop and Rocksteady.
Batman: Arkham Origins PanelA new villain is revealed, game play questions and more!
- So who's the new assassin? Copperhead, who has undergone a total redesign. The most obvious is, the foe is now female! The panel said she was selected because the concept of having a character who lurks in the shadows and focuses on agility was a unique threat to Batman. Check out the video below to see Copperhead in action against Batman.
- You noticed the poisonous claws, right? Well, when the panel was later asked about the abstract levels in Arkham's history (Scarecrow's, for example), they said they will absolutely have some of those. Based on that, it seems safe to assume Copperhead's poison could generate one of these.
- Geoff Johns says the new take on the villain has inspired DC to utilize the character over in the world of comics.
Read more at Comic Vine
Marvel: Superior Spider-Man Panel
Doc Ock isn't going anywhere and your just going to have to get used to it. Q&A about all things "Spider" in the Marvel U.
- In case you haven't been following solicitations, Superior Spider-Man #17-19 sees the return of Spider-Man 2099.
- Black Cat returns in issue #20. They say this will be a “very big” issue – bigger than #698.
- Regarding Superior Foes: We saw a few pages from an upcoming issue and it included a very familiar face: The Punisher.
- Superior Carnage: Kevin Shinick says he really loves putting the spotlight on the villains, to see them make these poor decisions. He wants to show Carnage "like we've never seen before and really mean it." A lot of the Marvel Universe will be brought into this book as well.
Marvel: Ultimate Universe Panel
What is the Hunger and how does it effect both the 616 and Ultimate Universes. What plans does Marvel have for Miles, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four and Cataclysm.
- Marvel showed videos of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Avengers Assemble for Disney XD, and a little clip promoting Infinity, a Thanos mini-series.
- Bendis on Ultimate Spider-Man. Spider-man puts the suit back on. He'll take on Roxxon, who has been creating all these super-powered beings. They're going to take the fight to Roxxon. Ultimate Taskmaster will appear.
- Axel on Ultimate Comics X-Men. Axel says they're thrilled to have writer Brian Wood on board. "He writes characters authentically."
- Fialkov on Ultimates: "I wanted to do the craziest thing possible...so my pitch for the story arc was Hulk with two Infinity Gauntlets." Fialkov discusses the Dark Ultimates and how using their intelligence, they have been fixing the world's problems. "The book is a battle of wits between Reed Richards and Tony Stark... Reed Richards won that battle by cutting off the top of Tony Stark's head."
- Fialkov on HUNGER, which has the 616 Galactus in the Ultimate universe, which is happening in July, according to the PowerPoint presentation. Fialkov: "The story starts with Galactus coming through. I've been a big fan of the cosmic universe." Adi Granov is doing the covers. Axel: "Who's going to survive and what is going to survive?" Leonard Kirk is doing the art on this book.
DC: Justice League Trinity War
Questions and answers to DC's event and what it means for the Justice League and the New 52.
- John Root promotes the DC app and talks about the Justice League cars in Petco Park.
- A video narrated by Geoff Johns gives us the back-story of the JL and the JLA. Each Justice League team is explained as well as their roles in the DCU. Behind the JL war, "it was all orchestrated by the super-villains and the heroes lose and the villains win." It will lead into Forever Evil.
- Geoff says he knew they were going to come to some point where they needed to deal with Pandora. Lemire wanted to make it a Justice League story. We see another large image for the last 3-parts of Trinity War. Each team has their own guide according to Johns. "How can the villains exploit the Justice League." He wanted the heroes to lose faith in Superman. Pandora cover for issue 2 shown. It's fantastic. Interiors for issue 2 shown. Ray Fawkes says issue two Pandora is confronted by the Secret Society. Issue 3 cover is shown.
DC: Superman Unchained Panel
DC's Jim Lee and Scott Snyder provide a little info on what to expect with the series.
- "What's coming up, especially in 3, 4, and 5... will really shake him [Superman] to his core... Something is really challenging him."
- They show covers for issue one and what the script pages look like. Jim Lee says working on the book has been a real thrill. Jim jokingly asks how he gets the time to do the two-page backups in every issue.
- Snyder wants the material in this book not to be dark but to be challenging. Lex has a big part in the next issue with Jimmy Olson. "We want to do a story that feels fresh and modern... What's coming is the best stuff." We get to see the cover to issue #4. It's Wraith punching Superman in the face.
Marvel: Cup O' Joe Panel
Marvel spills the beans on their upcoming plans for the Marvel Universe.
- Bendis explains that issue #5 of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY will dive into Angela -- who she is, why she's here. Also teased Gamora vs. Angela.
- HAWKEYE #16 will be a "big story" for Kate Bishop.
- INHUMAN will show Blackbolt and company in a way "we've never seen them." Couldn't reveal much because it has "so much to do with the end of INFINITY."
- REVOLUTIONARY WAR revealed. Begins in November and focuses on Marvel UK characters (Death's Head was the primary character mentioned and shown in the image). By Andy Lanning and various artists. Aims to bring these characters back into the Marvel universe in a "big way."
DC: The New 52 Panel
What's happening in the New 52. New books, Forever Evil and more.
- The key to taking down the Justice League is going after Superman. Things are pretty dicey with Superman's (apparent) killing of Dr. Light, and it's only going to get bigger.
- Forever Evil has the villains running the show. We'll be surprised by who's gathering together to lead the charge, fronted by Lex Luthor. FOREVER EVIL: ARKHAM WAR is going to feature a crazy war -- Blackgate vs. Arkham -- and we're seeing two other tie-ins with FOREVER EVIL: A.R.G.U.S. and FOREVER EVIL: ROGUES REBELLION.
- AQUAMAN #24 marks the end of the first two years of the New 52, and the team is really happy with the book. Up next: we'll find out about Aquaman's complex ancestry, and the origins of Atlantis.
- Trinity War is the end of the first era of the New 52, and the launch of the next stage.
- SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN goes on sale October 9th, with Charles Soule writing and Tony Daniel on art.